Don’t take the bait!
Phishing happens when an attempt is made to get access to your personal information, like username, password, credit card details online by directing you to fraudulent websites that are made to look like the genuine ones.
Here’s how you can avoid being phished:
- Remain alert to any suspicious emails, SMSs or other communications that you may receive regarding your account.
- Don’t share your personal details. None of the organization requests its members for their passwords, bank account details, account credentials via email, SMS or telephone. Do not respond to such requests and exercise caution before disclosing any sensitive personal information to third parties.
- Set a strong password for your Sharekhan account. A secure password is one of the most effective ways of protecting your data.
- Update your password on a monthly basis.
- Report any unusual communications or any suspicious occurrence or transactions relating to your organization.