1. Difference between FTP/FTPS
FTP works in a client-server architecture. One computer acts as the server to store data and another acts as the client to send or request files from the server. FTP typically uses port 21 for communication and the FTP server will listen in for client communications on the port.
FTPS is just an extension to FTP which adds support for cryptographic protocols such as Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). FTPS allows the encryption of both the control and data channel connections either concurrently or independently. There are two types of FTPS methods possible:
SFTP is not FTP run over SSH, but rather a new protocol designed from the ground up to provide secure file access, file transfer, and file management functionalities over any reliable data stream. Here, there is no concept of command channel or data channel. Instead, both data and commands are encrypted and transferred in specially formatted binary packets via a single connection secured via SSH.
2. Different port numbers
3. Default port numbers for MSSQL MYSQL
MSSQL – 1433; MYSQL-3306
4. The different Backup methods in Database
Full, incremental or differential
5. Web-server & Application server
- Web server: serves content to the web using http protocol.
- Application server: hosts and exposes business logic and processes.
6. TCP/IP – Transport Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
A set of rules for communication between computers where each device (host) is assigned a unique IP address which is valid on a particular network. An IP address is made up of 4 “octets” ranging between 0 and 255, and separated by a period or dot.
7. DHCP – Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
If you get your IP address dynamically, then DHCP is used. Simply put, the PC requests an IP address and the DHCP server on the network “leases” one out of its available pool of addresses.
8. DNS – Domain Name System
Every device on the Internet is assigned an IP address, but navigating to them using their 12-digit IP address would be very cumbersome.
9. Proxy server
In computer networks, a proxy server is a server that acts as an intermediary for requests from clients seeking resources from other servers.
10. Ping command
The ping command is used to verify that a device can communicate with another on a network.
11. IP config command
Displays all current TCP/IP network configuration values and refreshes Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS) settings. Used without parameters, ipconfig displays the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway for all adapters.
12. What is the default tomcat port?
default tomcat port 8080;8181
13. How and what to check when a program or application goes into not responding more?
Open task manager and check the process tab and look for memory usage of the application/process. In performance tab, note rge PF usage and CPU usage.
14. What is the user of tskill command?
Tskill : This command is used to end a process, using its name of its PID.
- Kill with name: Use tskill processname to kill a process with name processname. For example:
- tskill winword (closes all the Microsoft documents that you have open)
- Kill with PID : Similarly use tskill processid to kill a process with PID processid. Tasklist can be used to find the PID of a process.
15. What is System registry?
System registry is a database which Windows OS’s use to store information about the computer configuration.
The registry keeps the data to which a Windows OS refers when operating:
- users’ profiles;
- information about the installed programs and types of documents created by each program;
- properties of folders and program icons;
- configuration of drivers installed in the OS;
- info about the used ports.
The registry has a hierarchical tree structure which consists of sections, subsections (the left part of the registry editor window) and the keys (this is what we see on the right, when we highlight a registry section or subsection).
In order to open the system registry, do the following:
- go to Start
- click Run
- in the Open field enter REGEDIT
- click the OK button